We would like to provide you with an update following hurricane Irma.
We thank you all for your concerns and kind messages and thankfully report that St Vincent was further south and out of the hurricane force winds and the surges that affected our brothers and sisters in the northern islands.
In St Vincent and the Grenadines, we experienced a small rise in water level and some wind and rain. However our hearts are with our friends up islands who took the brunt of this storm. We are now also reaching out to our friends in the neighbouring islands, who have been severely affected by hurricane Maria. We will provide updates on this as we have more news.
Managing Director of the Barefoot Companies, Philip Barnard says:
“Our thoughts extend to all those affected by the hurricanes, the people of the northern Caribbean as they come to terms with the after-effects of Hurricane Irma. The Caribbean is highly dependent on tourism and these beautiful islands need our support during these times”.
We are relieved to report that St Vincent and the Grenadines will continue to operate as normal following the hurricanes, as we were just south of the line of impact.
At this time, we are pleased to be able to offer assistance to yacht charter companies affected, provide boats in St Vincent and the Grenadines for upcoming charters and also to assist those who’s vacations have been compromised by the storms.
Our hearts remain with all those who have much rebuilding to do and we will continue to provide assistance wherever we can.
If you would like to assist the people of these islands, you can do so through donation at a number of sites, a couple we have listed below:
We are saddened by the devastating effects of Irma and Maria and encourage all to continue traveling to and supporting the islands of the Caribbean.
The Barefoot Family
Planning, packing and traveling to your favourite travel destination may be inevitable, but feeling stressed in the process isn’t. Today we share our top tips on how to plan, create and enjoy a memorable Caribbean holiday.
- Pack Light. We have all overpacked at some point in our traveling lives and in some instances we do require that extra jacket, hat or pair of jeans during our travel.. but many times it just ends up following you home unused at the end of the trip. Our tip? Only pack the essentials. Pack only what you need and then allow 1 or 2 extra items. You will feel lighter, probably find you still don’t need all of it and airports will become a lot more enjoyable for the whole family. Download your FREE Packing Checklist to help you choose the items that are most important for you!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Travel is mostly exciting because of the journey and experiences, however we also get excited during the planning process which is also an important part of the thrill. A little planning can perfectly assist in creating a fun-filled vacation but it’s very easy to go overboard on the planning which can turn into stress. Many of us have tried to ‘make the most’ of a vacation at some point only to be disappointed if it doesn’t work out ‘perfectly’. Remember if you’re in the islands with those you love, it’s already perfect! Avoid trying to create the magical experience and simply just be present and enjoy each moment as it happens naturally.
- Boost your body. Give yourself a travel health kick 1 week prior to sailing. Add some extra B Vitamins and Vitamin C into your intake during the last week and boost your body for travel. B Vitamins can help lower stress levels and prevent mosquito bites and Vitamin C may help to prevent seasickness and reduce the risk of contracting colds and flu while traveling.
- Use your boat extras. Your boat is your home on water for a week or more so why not make the most of its facilities? Plan a beautiful BBQ night on board one evening, create a romantic star lit dinner in the cockpit, sit on the bow with a cocktail for sunsets, use your snorkel gear and water sports gear to enjoy the beautiful reefs and surrounds at your leisure
- Take only memories, leave only footsteps. Make lasting memories through photography, video, connections and laughter. Look at the gorgeous fish, coral, shells, flora and animal life around the islands. Although you may be tempted to touch, remember all the beauty that is there will await your next visit. Leave your footprints and sand castles and take your photographs, stories and life long memories.
Just like life itself, sailing often comes with many different experiences. Some planned and others unexpected. As much as we strive to deliver the very best charter experience for you, how much you enjoy the ride is really up to you! Look at each encounter as an opportunity and let your island journey take you on an adventure of a lifetime. Relax, learn, play and enjoy every moment! Feel happy knowing that you’ve done your research and are making the best decisions for you and your family. You’ve put the work into creating this trip and it’s time to reap the rewards.
It’s time to relax and enjoy your holiday!
From the Barefoot Family
Been waiting patiently to fly directly into St Vincent for your bareboat charter? The time for your fast travel to the islands may be arriving sooner than you think with the new airport.
St Vincent officials have publicly announced an opening date for the new Argyle International Airport.
According to Prime Minister, Ralph Gonzalves, on February 14, 2017 Argyle’s international airport will be ‘open for business’.
In planning and development since Aug 2008, St Vincent’s Argyle airport is intended to offer a nonstop service from North America, Central and South America and Europe to St. Vincent.
The Argyle passenger terminal will be comprised of three floors covering 129,870 square feet in total. The building will have a departure lounge, a rooftop restaurant, full flight facilities, a rooftop garden, a parking area and a large runway designed to accommodate large commercial aircraft.
The airport will also have a terminal building designed to specifically accommodate domestic flights in and out of St Vincent.
The Argyle airport is said to accommodate around 800 passengers at a time and up to 1.5 million passengers per year which will make it possible for many of us to travel less and spend more time doing all the things we love to do on vacation!
A beautiful 32 islands and cays to discover. From the largest St. Vincent to the tiniest of all, Mopion. This tropical paradise will now be more accessible to those wanting to travel and explore all the beauty of the islands.
It may be time to sail more and fly less.
In planning your next sailing adventure or vacation, be sure to check in with the staff at Barefoot Yacht Charters to learn more about which airlines will be flying directly into St Vincent.
You never know. You may just be able to give yourself an extra day in paradise!
The Barefoot Family
See some local news on Argyle International Airport here
It’s the season to be sailing!
How about a tropical sailing Christmas? ? Have you ever wanted to just sail away from it all? Anchor off an uninhabited island, swim, snorkel, relax and watch the sunset in pure Island Life.
Clear water, soft sand, perfect breeze and good vibes
This is the perfect description of this time of year in St Vincent and the Grenadines, 32 islands that can easily become yours!
With no customs to concern you, no shopping queues or to-do lists. Just a sailing holiday getaway in paradise.
This year, Christmas falls on a full moon, which means one of our favourite islands, Union Island will be hosting the best Full Moon Party of 2015 on Clifton beach at sunset. From Happy Island to Clifton beach, you can bar hop and experience the best this island has to offer by sea. Clear water, warm breeze, soft sand and a rum punch in hand!
We love to treat our guests like family and one of the best ways we do this is by inviting them to join our Barefoot Family! Life at Barefoot Yachts is relaxed, friendly and laid back. Just as Caribbean life should be! We take care of everything for you so you can arrive, unwind and enjoy every minute of your well deserved vacation! It’s a Breeze!
No matter where you are this Christmas, we wish you the most wonderful holiday season. From our family to yours!!
Wishing the most wonderful Holiday Season and all the very best that 2016 has to offer! May all your dreams come true. May you always find your true north and forever have wind in your sails.
“To reach a port we must set sail –
Sail, not tie at anchor
Sail, not drift.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt
See you Next Year!
There’s nothing quite like sailing your own boat around the magical Islands of St Vincent and the Grenadines, one of the Caribbean’s premier tropical cruising grounds. It gets even better when your boat operates as a commercial charter boat, so you can offset the operating costs against the income earned.
As the only yacht brokerage company physically located in the Caribbean islands of St Vincent and the Grenadines, we offer our clients uncompromising professional integrity, many years of professional broker experience, a selection of great boats and an intimate familiarity with sailing the gorgeous Caribbean waters.
We also offer luxury bareboat and fully crewed yachts, an American Sailing Association (ASA) Sailing School, our own charter and scheduled airlines and an in-house travel agency and tour operator.
See our Yacht Ownership page for more details on how you can benefit from the best of both worlds.
[picture_frame source_type=”attachment_id” source_value=”375″ align=”left”]
42′ Fountaine Pajot Venezia
2000 US$ 239,900
Fully-equipped, in very good condition and ready either to cruise the world or for continued profitable charter management. ‘Inordinate’ is a beautiful boat that has been routinely and expertly maintained by the Barefoot Yacht Charters maintenance team. If you’re looking for an excellent value on a solid global cruising catamaran with thousands of miles left in her, then don’t let this one get away from you. Complete maintenance history is available. Call or email for more information.
[button link=”https://barefootyachts.com/beta/yacht-sales/” color=”blue”]Read More[/button]
Barefoot Recent News
- 7 BEST Snorkel Spots in the Grenadines September 12, 2019
- Our New Fleet! August 2, 2019
- Make this summer a Barefoot Sailing Summer! May 8, 2019
- HAVE YOU EVER DREAMED OF CROSSING THE ATLANTIC OCEAN? April 2, 2019
- Barefoot Now Offering Long Term Charters! February 25, 2019