St Vincent’s new international airport (airport code SVD) opened in February 2017, enabling direct flights to and from SVG.
If you are arriving on a Saturday for a course starting on a Sunday, you may also want to check out accommodation options for the night before your course. You could also choose to arrive earlier or stay for a few days after your course to get to know St. Vincent better!
American Airlines – Miami [MIA]
Wednesdays and Saturdays, MIA-SVD: year round.
For our Sunday to Saturday courses, you can arrive on Saturday, start the course on Sunday, and catch a return flight the following Saturday afternoon. You can book a room at the base for Saturday night.
Jan 8 Update: looks like AA is moving to daily MIA-SVD flights as of March 1, 2023
Caribbean Airlines – New York [JFK]
Flight days vary. Check the airline website for the best combination of flights to accommodate a Sunday to Saturday course.
Air Canada – Toronto [YYZ]
As of spring 2023, Air Canada has suspended direct flights to SVG which resume on October 30, 2023. After that date the AC schedule shows 3 flights a week on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
In the meantime, there are daily flights to Barbados from Toronto and Montreal. For a Sunday to Saturday course, you can catch a daily flight from Toronto-Barbados (BGI), connecting to SVG on Intercaribbean Airways on Friday or Saturday. While you can also return home through Barbados after the course, the American Airlines Miami flights is also an option for the return.
Once the direct flights resume, for a Sunday to Saturday course, you can arrive on a Friday and start that course on Sunday. For the return flight:
• You can wait for the direct flight the following Monday
• Fly home through Barbados (BGI) connecting on Intercaribbean Airways
• Fly home through Miami on the American Airlines flight noted above.
There are sometimes significant pricing differentials in the cost of flights to and from SVD. Don’t try to search for or book a two-way return flight, or you may get sticker shock. Search for and book each leg separately. If any of the AC flight segments are overpriced, you have the option to connect via the American Airlines Miami direct flights, or connecting through Barbados as discussed above.
Direct flights LHR-SVD now operational on Wednesdays and Sundays. For our Sunday to Saturday courses, fly here on a Wednesday, start your course on Sunday, and return home the following Sunday.
If you cannot acquire direct flights, most guests arrive by international flight landing in Barbados, and then take an inter-island connection (about 40 minutes) to St Vincent. InterCaribbean Airways runs one or more scheduled connections from SVG to Barbados each day, and also has connections to and from St. Lucia and Grenada
If you are having difficulty finding flights, contact us as we may be able to provide guidance.
- Our airport in St Vincent is Argyle International (AIA) airport code – SVD
- Barbados – Grantley Adams International Airport – BGI
- St Lucia – Hewanorra International Airport – UVF
- St Lucia – George Charles Airport – SLU
- Grenada – Maurice Bishop International Airport – GND
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – Luis Munoz Marin International Airport – SJU
- Port of Spain, Trinidad – Piarco International Airport – POS
When You Arrive
Our full-service charter base is a 20-minute drive from St Vincent’s airport. We are located at Blue Lagoon, the best protected harbour on St Vincent’s south coast.
If you’ve notified us of your flight details and arrival time, we’ll be happy to send a taxi to meet you at St Vincent’s Argyle International Airport. The ride to our base takes about 20 minutes and costs $6 per person (minimum 4 person charge). Someone will be here to meet you at the base, show you to your room, and if you desire, direct you to Driftwood, our restaurant / bar for refreshment after your long day of travel.
- From North America, in addition to direct flights noted above, there may be scheduled flights to St Lucia (UVF) and Barbados (BGI) from New York (JFK), Miami (MIA) and Toronto (YYZ).
- Barbados (BGI) is usually the best transit airport as there are regular flights to St Vincent.
- From Europe, the best route is usually from London (LGW) to Barbados BGI (British Airways and Virgin Atlantic), then connecting to St Vincent (SVD).
- Both from North America and from Europe, Trinidad (POS) is another possible hub, though note that this route may require guests to overnight there either on the way out or on the way home and there have also been instances of the connecting flight from Trinidad to St Vincent being cancelled.
- Other possibilities from Europe would be from Paris (PAR) or Amsterdam (AMS) to St Maarten (SXM), although the connection to SVD is currently suspended due to Covid
- San Juan (SJU) is a possible hub, but the cost is likely to be higher than routing via Barbados (BGI)
- If flying via St Lucia, remember that there are two airports there. Most international flights arrive at and depart from Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) but check with your airline to be sure, as (UVF) is an expensive, one-hour taxi ride from the other airport, George Charles (SLU).
Despite some web sites advertising a ferry service, there are currently NO international ferry services to or from St Vincent.