NON-STOP FLIGHTS FROM CANADA and the U.S. TO Saint VINCENT!
St Vincent’s new international airport (airport code SVD) opened in February 2017, enabling direct flights to and from SVG.
American Airlines – Miami [MIA]
Wednesdays and Saturdays, MIA-SVD: year round.
Caribbean Airlines – New York [JFK]
Saturdays: year round.
Air Canada Rouge – Toronto [YYZ]
After the Covid interruption, Air Canada direct flights to SVG on Fridays are scheduled to resume on November 4, 2022. There will be two flights a week, Tuesdays and Fridays in 2023.
While waiting for direct flights to resume, the best way to get to SVG from Canada is a daily flight from Toronto-Barbados (BGI), connecting to SVG on Intercaribbean Airways. There is also a daily Montreal-Barbados route. While you can also return home through Barbados, the American Airlines Miami flight is also an option for the return.
If you are travelling in early 2023, there are currently significant pricing differentials in the cost of flights to and from SVD. Don’t try to search for or book a two-way return flight, or you will get sticker shock. Book each leg separately.
In 2023, your best bet from to get to SVG from Canada is to take a Tuesday or Friday direct flight from Toronto to St. Vincent (YYZ-SVD).
For some reason, at present, the return flights SVD-YYZ are overpriced in early 2023. To return to Canada, your best options at present are:
• Take the American Airlines afternoon flight on Wednesday or Saturday to Miami (SVD-MIA), and return to Toronto from there
• Book a flight from Barbados to Toronto (BGI-YYZ), and connect to BGI on Intercaribbean.com, on a day when there is a 0940 morning flight.
Direct flights LHR-SVD now operational on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Our airport in St Vincent is Argyle International (AIA) airport code – SVD
- Barbados – Grantley Adams International Airport – BGI
- St Lucia – Hewanorra International Airport – UVF
- St Lucia – George Charles Airport – SLU
- Grenada – Maurice Bishop International Airport – GND
- San Juan, Puerto Rico – Luis Munoz Marin International Airport – SJU
- Port of Spain, Trinidad – Piarco International Airport – POS
When You Arrive
If you’ve notified us of your flight details and arrival time, we’ll be happy to send a taxi to meet you at St Vincent’s Argyle International Airport. The ride to our base takes about 25 minutes and costs $6 per person (minimum 4 person charge). Someone will be here to meet you at our marina and settle you into your shore accommodation or aboard the yacht (sleep-aboards available only if guests arrive before 7.00 p.m.).
Our full-service charter base, just a 25-minute drive from St Vincent’s airport. We are located at Blue Lagoon, the best protected harbour on St Vincent’s south coast.
Bequia, northernmost of the Grenadines, is just 5 miles over the water and the islands of Battowia, Baliceaux and Mustique are visible from the surrounding hills.
- Barbados (BGI) is usually the best transit airport as there are regular non-stop flights to St Vincent.
- From North America, there are daily non-stop flights to St Lucia (UVF) and Barbados (BGI) from New York (JFK), Miami (MIA)) and Toronto (TOR) – see note above about direct, non-stop flights from Toronto.
- From Europe, the best route is usually from London (LGW) to Barbados BGI (British Airways and Virgin Atlantic fly daily), then connecting to St Vincent (SVD).
- Both from North America and from Europe, Trinidad (POS) is another possible hub, though note that this route may require guests to overnight there either on the way out or on the way home and there have also been instances of the connecting flight from Trinidad to St Vincent being cancelled.
- Other possibilities from Europe would be from Paris (PAR) or Amsterdam (AMS) to St Maarten (SXM), connecting to St Vincent (SVD) with LIAT
- San Juan (SJU) is a possible hub, but the cost is likely to be higher than routing via Barbados (BGI)
- If flying via St Lucia, remember that there are two airports there. Most international flights arrive at and depart from Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) but check with your airline to be sure, as (UVF) is an expensive, one-hour taxi ride from the other airport, George Charles (SLU).
Despite some web sites advertising a ferry service, there are currently (May 2017) NO international ferry services to or from St Vincent.
Leah Hernandez, at Reservation Services International, has years of experience getting folks from North America to St Vincent. She offers excellent service and can usually get very good rates
Phone: 1-800-329-9000 / 1-281-528-7727 , Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST